In the Company of Specialists
When you join a company like Sanad, you know you’ll be among likeminded people. An inspiring group of individuals who have a certain drive toward betterment and upward mobility, a passion for all things aviation, and a hunger for success.
We are immensely proud of our people across Sanad who embody a wide range of skills across multiple disciplines. Our almost 400-strong workforce at Sanad Aerotech in particular, which is set to grow to 600 over the next two years, is made up of over 30 nationalities.
Ours is a culture of diversity – something of which we are also extremely proud. We invite initiative and encourage the empowerment and involvement of everyone – with the overriding aim of delivering best practices for our customers. And whilst we never lose sight of our heritage, we’re always aiming for tomorrow.
Training & Development
It’s in our nature to nurture people at Sanad. We not only view it as an investment, but also as part of our contribution to society, the industry and the economy.
At Sanad Capital, we welcome bright, incisive minds into an environment where we encourage colleagues to grow together. A suite of training initiatives and programs centered on finance, with specific focus on aviation, have been designed to educate and fully equip our people to work in a forward-thinking company.
Our internal training program at Sanad Aerotech has been designed around the business needs and the development of an internal talent pool. Accordingly, we strategically select our training approach and subjects in order to make sure we create a role model Learning and Development program.
The training programs are comprised of three major modules:
Required by airworthiness authorities prior to the trainee working on engines and components. This program provides trainees with an insight into all legislation applicable to an MRO organization, such as: FAA/EASA/GCAA regulations, Safety Management System and Human factors.
Involves Theoretical and Practical modules that will prepare mechanics to become company authorization holders. The theoretical element provides trainees with a deep understanding of the Engine and System and Engine Performance. It also includes the basics in Inspection Technique and standard practice.
Designed around the Line Managers’ needs to improve their team performance and, equally importantly, training, they are provided with soft skills modules to help either eliminate weakness or develop the personal career of our employees. Based on the employees’ assessment reports and line managers’ recommendations, the soft skills are designed to improve the performance and knowledge in selected areas such as communication skills, Train the Trainer skills, understanding QMS, and root cause analysis.
In it for the Long Haul
We encourage those who join us to stay and grow with us. Here are just a few of our longest-serving employees who came, learned and are only too happy to remain part of the Sanad family. And we’re happy they did.
Mohamed embarked upon his career with us in 2002. By steadily working his way up from mechanic level, he is now one of our skilled specialists who successfully transitioned from a D2 Stamp holder to D3, leading the module change activity of several engine types. Mohamed is currently the Shop Supervisor of the GEnx shop.
Muhammad is one of our longest-serving employees, having joined us back in 1997. He began his career as a technician, experienced in operating conventional machines. Over the years, he showed interest in learning to operate CNC machines. This led to him being one of the machinists selected to be trained on various CNC machines in our machine shop. Today, Muhammad is one of our expert technicians authorised to operate the Danobat high-speed grinder. Since joining the company, he’s been gradually promoted to Shift leader, and recently as Supervisor.
Fatima joined Sanad Aerotech in January 2019 and in a short time has demonstrated immense commitment, learning and growth. As part of her development program she currently works on the V2500 Module Change and has obtained her Train-the-Trainer certificate. Fatima’s talent and dedication makes her one of our most prominent young employees.
Yaser joined Sanad Capital in 2012 as a Business Development Analyst having just graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science/Business Administration in Financial Services from the Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi and with the highest Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 in a Business Major in 2012. He was also a recipient of the “Top 25 Students Award” for the Academic Year 2011-2012.
A strong academic background, coupled with his eagerness to learn, saw Yaser graduate quickly to the role of Senior Analyst, Finance and then on to his current position as Operations Manager. His foundations were further strengthened through the various mentorships he received and training courses he completed such as the Mubadala Leadership Acceleration for Business. Today, Yaser is an integral part of the Operations team at Sanad Capital whereby the support he provides both on and off site plays a very important role in the execution of Sanad Capital’s operational programs.
Maher embarked upon his career with us in 2001. Since then he has served multiple divisions with a series of achievements that have immensely benefited our organization.
Maher is the founder of our internal training program and is responsible for developing our current Store and MRB area and for implementing the SMS and BCM program. In 2007 Maher was nominated as the PMO Champion for the V2500, T700 and T500 program. During this period he also implemented the Streamer process, Risk Management process and the Load and Capacity planning.
Currently Maher is a certified Project Manager, BCM Lead Implementer and Learning and Development Manager.
Like to Join Us?
If you’re looking to join an exciting forward-looking company, one that’s always adapting to new technologies and constantly leading where others follow, send us your resume at email@example.com
Position Title: Invoicing Lead
Reports to: Head of Invoicing
Supervises (Job Title): N/A
Employee Type: Permanent
Revised Date: 19/05/2023
Job Purpose/Summary:In order to support the ambitious growth strategy at Sanad Aerotech, the leading Engine MRO provider in the Middle East, we are looking for invoicing experts that are able to directly influence the financial health of the organization by ensuring sustainable and profitable business growth in line with achieving highest levels of customer satisfaction. The role is responsible for the management of the invoicing process within the organization, with a special focus on ensuring accurate and timely preparation, issuance, and delivery of invoices to customers in accordance with contractual requirements. The role is located in the Commercial Department and collaborates closely with various other interfaces, such as sales, finance, and customer service, to gather necessary information and resolve invoicing issues. Further responsibilities include the creation of records and profitability reports, reconciling discrepancies, as well as identification and implementation of process efficiency improvements.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
- Invoicing Process Management: Develop and maintain an efficient and streamlined invoicing process, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and adherence to companies and contractual policies and procedures. Validation and verification of chargeable data in close alignment with Customer/Account Management.
- Invoice Generation and Delivery: Generate complex invoices based on work orders and contractual arrangements. Verify the accuracy of invoice details, such as pricing, quantities, discounts, and terms. Coordinate the delivery of invoices to customers through appropriate channels.
- Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain comprehensive and organized records of all invoicing activities and related correspondence. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and internal audit requirements.
- Billing Issue Resolution: Collaborate with internal teams, such as sales, customer service, and finance, to address and resolve billing discrepancies, disputes, or inquiries. Investigate and analyze any issues related to pricing, discounts, or payment terms, and take appropriate actions to rectify them.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and enhance the invoicing process by identifying opportunities for automation, standardization, and efficiency improvements. Implement best practices and technological solutions to optimize accuracy, speed, and productivity.
- Reporting and Analysis: Prepare regular reports and analysis related to invoicing activities, such as invoice simulations, WIP and Profitability reportings. Provide insights and recommendations to management for optimizing revenue collection.
- KPI Performance Management: Continuously benchmark working results against KPIs, such as Invoice TAT, Accuracy, Cost deviation, Invoice Turnbacks, Revenues and Profitability parameters
Qualifications Experience And Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience in managing invoicing processes of complex technical services, preferably within the Aero-Engine MRO Industry and industry-specific Pricing Models
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal teams and interact with customers.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities to resolve billing issues and implement process improvements.
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, invoicing regulations, financial systems
- Ability to understand complex technical procedures and contractual obligations
- Proficiency in using invoicing software or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
Job Code: TBD
Position Title: Bid Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Commercial
Division: Commercial and Business Development
Section: Not Applicable
Supervises (Job Title): None
Employee Type: TBD
Revised Date: NA
Job Purpose/SummaryThe Bid Manager plays a crucial role in supporting Sanad’s regional sales teams to achieve ambitious growth targets. The primary responsibility is to provide comprehensive commercial support throughout the acquisition process. This includes managing internal tender processes, coordinating project and stakeholder management, developing cost calculation tools and business plans, identifying and quantifying risks, and creating and negotiating proposals and contracts in collaboration with Regional Sales Managers. The Bid Manager will handle projects with revenues of up to $500 million and contract terms spanning several years.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
- Manage key parts of the Sanad internal Sales process (25% of time).
- Ensure strict adherence to process governance and required process steps to meet customer deadlines under high time pressure.
- Collaborate closely with supporting roles (Engineering, Operations, Finance) during the proposal stage to define and verify customer requests, ensuring the creation of comprehensive Engine MRO offers.
- Establish and maintain effective internal stakeholder management, fostering collaborative relationships within Sanad.
- Prepare and deliver Bid Briefings to Vice Presidents (VPs) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members.
- Document all relevant sales project data according to process guidelines, ensuring accurate and organized record-keeping.
- Preparation of Business Models, Cost calculations, and Risk simulations (25% of time).
- Utilize advanced statistical models and data analytics to develop accurate and detailed cost calculations and revenue projections for specific customer Request for Proposals (RFPs), ranging from single shop visits to long-term fleet programs worth several hundred million US dollars.
- Conduct thorough risk assessments and simulations, identifying key risks and defining appropriate mitigations.
- Customize pricing elements such as fixed prices, not-to-exceed (NTE) caps, time and material (T&M) conditions, etc., based on customer requirements.
- Prepare long-term business models and conduct sensitivity analysis, considering key commercial parameters like escalation and market dynamics.
- Take full responsibility for the accuracy of calculations, document underlying assumptions, and strive to achieve key commercial key performance indicators (KPIs), such as gross profit targets.
- Drafting of Key Proposal Terms and Conditions (15% of time).
- Develop comprehensive pricing and sales strategies and state-of-the-art full-service Engine MRO solutions by combining a wide range of complex technical and commercial products (MRO Services, Spare Engines, Financing, etc.) in collaboration with Sales Managers.
- Ensure the reflection of corresponding key offer terms and risk mitigations, as agreed with the Management, into the respective offer/contract.
- Create customized, attractive offers that align with customer requirements, effectively demonstrating Sanad’s value proposition.
- Develop new Products and Services (15% of time)
- Drive the development of additional Sanad services by performing detailed technical and commercial feasibility studies, evaluating opportunities such as Spare Engine offerings, Logistic support, etc.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to assess the viability, profitability, and market potential of new product and service offerings.
- Special Projects (10% of time)
- Improve data quality by implementing measures to enhance calculation accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide consultation and guidance to Account Managers and Sales Managers on commercial and contractual questions, leveraging expertise in the field.
- Introduce campaigns and initiatives aimed at optimizing profitability and enhancing business performance.
- Other duties as required, including international travel to support customer negotiations (10% of time)
- Be prepared to undertake occasional international travel to engage in customer negotiations and meetings, ensuring effective communication and relationship-building.
|Qualifications, Experience And Competencies
| Minimum Qualifications:
(Education/Certification/ Licensure/Professional Membership)
Job Specific Competencies:
- Strong understanding of engine overhaul costs and pricing structures.
- Familiarity with technical and commercial overhaul processes for Aero Engines.
- Demonstrated efficiency in managing projects and stakeholders within the aerospace industry.
- Strong analytical and methodological competency to perform cost and revenue calculations, develop business models, and conduct risk simulations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Reliable working style with the ability to work independently and collaboratively within an established and growing team.
- Ability to thrive under high time pressure and tight deadlines, delivering high-quality work with attention to detail.
- Possessing high level of integrity and reliability. This refers to an individual’s ability to consistently demonstrate ethical behavior, trustworthiness, and dependability in his/her actions and decisions.
|HR – TM & OD
|Martin Fuerl, VP of Commercial
|Ebraheem Budebs, Group Head of HR
Position Title: Senior Sales Director – Asia Pacific
Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Customer Support
Division: Commercial and Business Development
Department: Sales and Account Management
Job Purpose/SummaryThe Senior Sales Director – Asia Pacific plays a critical role in supporting the company’s ambitious growth strategy by ensuring the continuous growth of the 3rd party engine Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) business in the assigned region or with the assigned customer accounts. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales & Customer Support, the Senior Sales Director is responsible for achieving challenging sales targets, building and maintaining strong customer relationships, and representing the company throughout the assigned region or with the assigned customer accounts.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities:
- Preparing, submitting, and negotiating creative offers and contracts in close coordination with internal stakeholders to ensure the continuous growth of the company’s market share. This includes identifying customer needs, tailoring proposals, and executing contract negotiations to secure new business opportunities and achieve sales targets (50% of time).
- Developing and nurturing strong and lasting customer relationships, ensuring that the company’s offerings meet or exceed customer expectations. This involves understanding customer requirements, providing exceptional customer service, and actively engaging with customers to identify additional business opportunities or areas for improvement (20% of time).
- Organizing and actively participating in selected aviation events throughout the region to represent the company, promote its services, and build industry connections. This includes delivering presentations, attending conferences, and networking with key stakeholders to enhance the company’s visibility and market presence (10% of time).
- Supporting account management activities by addressing any topics arising from existing business relationships, including the collection of outstandings, resolving customer issues or concerns, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Collaborating with the account management team to identify opportunities for upselling or cross-selling additional products or services (5% of time).
- Ensuring market intelligence is captured, analyzed, and properly documented in the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools. This involves gathering relevant information on competitors, market trends, customer preferences, and industry developments to inform strategic decision-making and enhance the company’s competitive positioning (5% of time).
- Working on selected improvement projects assigned by the Vice President of Sales & Customer Support or other relevant stakeholders. Contributing to process enhancements, sales effectiveness initiatives, or other strategic projects aimed at driving growth, increasing operational efficiency, and improving overall sales performance (5% of time).
- Performing any other duties as required to support the achievement of departmental and organizational goals, including assisting with special projects, participating in cross-functional initiatives, and adapting to changing business needs (5% of time).
|Qualifications, Experience And Competencies
|Minimum Qualifications: (Education/Certification/ Licensure/Professional Membership)
- Emotional Intelligence: Possessing a high level of emotional intelligence to understand and manage emotions effectively, build rapport with customers, and navigate complex sales scenarios.
- Intercultural Intelligence: Demonstrating a high level of intercultural intelligence to effectively engage with customers from diverse cultural backgrounds, understand their unique needs and perspectives, and adapt sales strategies accordingly.
- Proactive Attitude: Displaying a “can-do” and “getting things done” attitude, along with the ability to work independently and take initiative in identifying and pursuing sales opportunities.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Ability to work independently as an individual contributor while also collaborating cross-functionally with internal teams, including calculation, engineering, finance, and others, to leverage expertise, address customer needs, and drive successful sales outcomes.
- Communication and Presentation Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver compelling presentations, influence stakeholders, and build strong professional relationships. High levels of integrity and social intelligence in all communications.
- Engine MRO Engineering Know-how: Possessing a medium or intermediate level of technical knowledge in engine Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) processes and engineering principles.
- Engine Knowledge: Familiarity with engine types such as V2500, Trent700, and GEnx would be advantageous, allowing the Sales Manager to effectively communicate technical details and tailor solutions to customer requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Very highly proficient (or expert level) in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, to create compelling sales materials, analyze data, and prepare reports or presentations.
- Language Skills: Very highly proficient (or expert level) in the English language, both written and spoken. Additional fluency in regional languages relevant to the assigned region would be advantageous.
- Time Management: Efficiently manage time and work to meet deadlines and deliver results.
|HR – TM & OD
|VP of Sales and Customer Support
|Group Head of HR